Tuesday, January 17, 2017

So you just wrote a bestseller

That was what i thought when I originally wrote and published my first book. I couldn't wait on the reviews to come in and the cash register to start ringing in 2011. I had spent so much time writing and rewriting it over and over. It was going to be great. Then the truth set in as I happily kept on writing the series. Slowly I realized that no one knew A.G. Moye and wouldn't until I worked hard on barely getting my name out there. I kept trying to push the book series and expect people would buy it once I told them all about the book series called "Lightning in the Tunnel" It wasn't until I was on number seven in the series that I realized that most people were not interested in another Dystopian/Apocalyptic series after seeing Hunger Games and several other movies of this type. Mid way thru writing "A need for Lightning" I jumped off the series writing "A Stranger comes crawling" about an alien crash landing on Earth fleeing a revolt. She tires to go incognito by marrying a human but it doesn't work out. The government wants her knowledge.
 I then went back to writing "A Need for Lightning" My publisher up to that point, I didn't find out wasn't a real publisher but one that Published to sell books to the writer not the public. So it became my first self published book. When Stranger came crawling  was published it was also self published. That was when I discovered I needed an author platform by reading and joining several groups on LinkedIn so people would learn who I am and have a place to chat with me or other wise inner act with me. Also vise-versa so I could learn about my fans. I took 2016 off on publishing any more books even though I have several in the editing phase. I'm concentrating on writing my first and maybe my only western called "Saddle Spur" I always wanted to write a western but I like to make sure that items that I say my characters have, eat or wear are correct unlike most old westerns.I have to do a lot of research on places. I am careful about creating the characters and their attire to be accurate. I am almost finished with my final rewrite and will publish it in 2017. 
 I blog because I have something to say, what do you have to say? Talk back, I'm listening and will respond to any questions. Just as a foot note, I didn't mention my Chronicles of the Marauder-Marauder Rising because I do so often. It was written after "A Stranger comes Crawling" Again, Talk Back, I'm listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment