Saturday, March 12, 2016

Music calms you and allows you to focus.

Today I had a five hour drive and listening to music made it bearable. Not headbanging stuff but songs where you can hear the lyrics and feel what the singer is singing about. I never could get into rap or songs with cussing in them. Just not my style.  I go for soft rock or old style rock. Old style country is acceptable as well. I know most people don't discuss the type of music that mellows them out without drinking or smoking something but I thought it would be a good subject as I am back home and sitting at the keyboard. What brings you to a state of calm, I know fighting traffic is not one of them.  Everyone seems to be in a hurry to get somewhere. I laugh when someone passes me by whipping in and out of my lane, then I catch up to them without driving like a idiot, exceeding the speed limit and I'm courteous by allowing others to merge in without cutting them off.  My wife didn't go with me, I drove alone because she has been living in a small town so long now that she gets tense and stressed whenever we go into a high traffic area such as found around and in large cities. Do you have a stress free time while driving? How much time to you drive each day? 

Talk back, I'm listening and have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment