Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Rough water getting smoother!

The rough water that became turbulent when my wife said "You no longer talk to me!" has calmed down as we work this out. A compromise was reached when I made it a point to turn away from the computer and sit talking with her like we used to do all the time. I even shut it off sometimes. At first I thought she didn't want me to write my books anymore but then learned she just wanted me to set aside time to talk to her. Usually two or three times a day, so I do it. Being a very sociable person, she needs to talk more than I do to be happy. Me, I can go hours without saying something especially if I am writing. She will see me look out in space and knows now that I am writing my book in my head. She now knows that during that time, it is not a good time to talk because I'm usually uncommunicative speaking in non syllables meaning I'm not really listening. Being together 24/7 has been a big adjustment for both of us. When I told her I would stop writing, she replied, "I don't want you to stop writing your books, blogging or whatever. Just stop when I come into the computer room and talk." For the past week or so, I have and see she is a lot happier now! At least I think so!
I work on my books when she is reading or watching some movie on TV. That has been an adjustment for me, not spending so much time on the computer but I am willing to adjust to keep our marriage happy. She is my best friend along with being my wife and I want to keep it that way.
For the past three days, I have avoided getting on the computer except for the hour or two I have before she gets up in the morning. That is the reason most don't see blogs from me recently. I am working on closing up the barn making it into a workshop so we can work out there during the winter instead of spending most of our time sitting around reading, talking and watching movies getting lazy. We have lost so much muscle tone sitting around during the winter. Even the exercise machine doesn't help that much. We have to get more active! I think she is frustrated with sitting around that is another reason she became angry when we didn't talk. One thing I learned about women is that if they are unhappy about their bodies, they find things to get upset about usually taking it out on the one available to do so. I don't know how many times she has said she wants to get her hair and every time she does so, she is unhappy complaining about it being too short. This year I talked her out of cutting it knowing she would become upset in a week or two about doing it. She loves her long hair and so do I. These are just a few of the little things that I find talking to her that make her upset. Right now, the loss of muscle tone is her biggest complaint after we worked out the talking thing.
Needing a little reading material? Check out my books at http://www.amazon.com/author/agmoye
Talk back to me, I'm Listening! Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment