Monday, April 15, 2013

Life is imperfect!

When a man and woman mix their genes together, the end result is kind of like mystery stew. No One knows what the end results will be until the child arrives. That same imperfection is what makes us all unique as humans yet we are all just that. Human beings. With no road map through life as we grow and develop. Hopefully we acquire the knowledge and the right set of values to build our own road map. As I go through this life, I look at the various paths I went down and some I had to make a U-turn and go back to start over. Some just branched off going in a slightly different direction, I'm sure everyone out there has had to do the same thing. I was one of those children that aspired to be in politics, John Kennedy was my hero while I was delivering newspapers. He death followed by my mother remarrying led me to a new life in California after growing up in Arkansas (a small city).
Living, working and marrying then having children took me away from what I thought I would do in life. New goals and aspirations took root. I spent just over thirty years on the metals industry while writing on the side as a stress reliever.
Between jobs, I with my daughter Teresa walked to the route that my characters in the Lightning in the Tunnel series went after fleeing LA. Talking with people along the way made me appreciate writing even more. Everyone had a local story to tell and was very friendly. After the walk, I returned to LA and went back to work but had in my head all the necessary details for that trek.
Being an avid reader of Heinlein, Bradbury and other science fiction writers, I quickly jumped from dystopia to science fiction. Even ended my series Lightning in the Tunnel in space. While writing the eighth book of the series, the thought of writing about an Alien coming to Earth crossed my mind. That led to my book called "A Stranger comes Crawling" after publishing it, I finished "A Need for Lightning" the next to the last of the Lightning in the Tunnel series". The last book of that series is more than half written, I just don't know yet how I will end the series, a blaze of glory or just fade away? I don't plan on publishing it until 2014 to allow people plenty of time to read the series.
My book "T.T. Gristman" a time travel book was written before I wrote book eight of the series and sort of lied their until after I published "A Stranger Comes Crawling" then I decided to put it out there as well. Right now, I am busy on writing the sequel to my SiFi series called "Chronicles of the Marauder" about a man that wins the lottery and uses the money to go into space following his dreams. Meeting up with Aliens, his life is forever changed.
As you can see, my writing keeps taking different paths but each one leads back to my favorite genre, science fiction. That is where most of my books will be set in even though I have on the back burner a western book partially written. "Chronicles of the Marauder" will be a three book series. Book II is half written. Book one is out for your reading pleasure, check my author page on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/author/agmoye  it is also available in the UK, Germany, France, and Italy!
My books can also be found on Shelfari.com and the World Literary Café among other places. On Good reads on my bookshelf. Drop by and say hello!
Talk back, I'm listening at agmoye.moye406@gmail.com or on twitter at http://twitter.com/Agmoye or just post a comment on this post! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment