Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Politics! Oh NO!

I am shocked when I see so many comments on the Internet about American politics. It seems that most Americans have forget their social study classes. It is Congress, not the President that makes our tax laws! He can recommend something but it is up to Congress to actually make the law! After they make a Law (called a Bill) the President has two choices, sign it into law or veto it. If he vetoes it the Congress can override the veto should it be desirable. He doesn't even make the budget, he submits his thoughts to Congress and they take it apart inserting their little pet peeves into it and then makes it into a bill. Once it is approved it comes back to him for signing. Again he has the two choices, most of the time the President has to accept the parts he didn't want to keep the country going! If the new law proves unpopular, Congress will step back and act like they had nothing to do with it! Blaming it all on the President! So goes American Politics!
Enough about politics, the cliff has been postponed for a couple of months, so they can fight longer without really doing anything!
I'm trying to get my mind back on my books, if you got a new ereader for Christmas, check out my books at http://amazon.com/authorcentral/agmoye  they will prove to be a distraction from all the news.
For those that really want to get out of this world, take a look at "A Stranger Comes Crawling" and travel to distant worlds! For those that don't want to leave this planet, take a look at "T.T. Gristman-TimeTraveler!
With Brandi's Nightmare in editing, I am now back to working on the "Chronicles of the Marauder"
Talk back to me! I'm listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment