Friday, December 14, 2012

Pulling one's self up by the boot straps

I borrowed a saying from my wife for the title of this post. She is always saying, "When life knocks you down, pull yourself up by your boot straps and stand up!" That is my writing career, I have found as I search for my self after starting down the wrong paths. I feel I'm walking the right path now but I'm sure there is many forks in the road ahead, I just have to select the right path as I go!
Concluding my apocalyptic/dystopia Series in the Lightning in the Tunnel Series with the publication of Lightning Rages I will have concluded it finally! I just published "A Need For Lightning"  the next to last one in the series. Once I finish up Brandi's Nightmare, my mystery book. I will get back on writing more SiFi books that I love to write. I guess I will wait and see if I should write anymore mysteries after seeing how it sales when it comes out. I will shy away from Love story books after seeing the dismal response to "T.T. Gristman". But who knows, it might catch on sometime in the future!
What is slowing down the final saga of Lightning in the Tunnel Series is I keep constantly jumping back to other books I am writing. Like the sequel to "A Stranger Comes Crawling" that keeps rolling around in my head, I have written the first few pages of the sequel feeling it will be even better than the original! As of yet, I haven't named it which is unusual because I usually have the name before I have the story.
I have been caught up in writing my other SiFi called "Chronicles of the Marauder" that I feel will be a good story even though I already have to go back and re-write some of it because I'm on Chapter ten or thereabouts and made some changes there that necessitate the re-writing of some of my earlier chapters.
Talk back to me! I'd love to here from you about you picking yourself up by you book straps when life deals you a blow!
links to A Stranger Comes Crawling http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009I3R9Z4
for paperback: http://www.amazon.con/dp/1481003094 or http://www.creatspace.com/4057632

No comments:

Post a Comment